Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the dimensions of a regular tank?
(POL) H = 0.5m, D = 0.33m ; (AS) H = 0.52m, D = 0.33m
2. What is the diameter of a regular hose?
1/4" o 1/2"
3. Is it okay to expose tank to sun or rain?
It is fine to expose tank to sun and rain. However, this will result to fading of tank paint and will contribute to wear and tear of LPG hose becoming brittle.
4. Is it safe to have spare tank at home?
It is best practice to have spare tank to ensure availability of LPG Gas for continuous cooking.
5. Why is universal valve or POL more expensive than AS valve?
Isla LPG is encouraging the use of AS valve, exclusively used by Solane, because of its safety feature called “Auto Shutoff”. The universal valve o POL does not have this safety feature and are used by illegal refillers.
6. 15. Is it safe to use a filled tank if it is stored/not used for several months or years?
Yes, but check the requalification period or "expiration" date of the tank. LPG itself has no expiration date.
7. Is it safe to have a Y connection on LPG?
Preferably, use "tee" connection and check if the material is for LPG use (B.I. or G.I.).
8. Why does LPG cylinder sweat when in use?
It means that the customer is a heavy LPG user. Technical explanation: Due to the heavy LPG withdrawal inside the tank, the pressure inside tends to drop thus, the cooling effect takes place.
9. How long does LPG cylinder gets empty if it is used continuously?
Depends on the number of burners and type. ESTIMATE 1.5 - 2 mos.
10. Does LPG cylinder blows up? How and when is this possible?
Yes, continuous heating of the cylinder body without any means of firefighting (continuous cooling using water) will eventually weaken then... BOOM! (BLEVE = Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)
11. How long can we use tank, hose and regulator before they reach expiration?
Tank around 15+ years; Hose around 3 years; Regulator around 5years (Domestic)
12. Is it possible that a Desalpak Regulator shuts off automatically even when no gas leak has been detected? How is this possible?
Yes, this is possible. When the equipment requirement of the customer is way past the excess flow rating of the regulator will shut off.